Summer 2019 Internship Information
Title: Summer Associate
Period of Performance: May to August 2019
Hours: Less than 30 per week
Pay: For college credit only
College Major: All majors are welcome to apply
Please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Summer Associate” in the subject line by no later than May 1, 2019.
The Summer Associate will be responsible for assisting the CEO with a variety of marketing, public relations, and business development tasks for Firestarter and its clients. Tasks may include, but aren’t limited to:
- Write/edit printed and digital assets
- Design printed and digital assets
- Develop original or editing videos
- Build and update media lists and databases
- Create and distribute press releases and media alerts
- Compile lists for sponsorship, endorsements, and speaking engagement leads
- Compile lists for business development leads
- Use analytics tools to compile, organize, and analyze campaign data
- Must be available by phone and email Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm ET
- Must have own computer and access to reliable internet service
- Must be creative, self-motivated, organized, and able to multitask
- Must have a working knowledge of all major social media platforms
- Must be a strong written and verbal communicator
- Must be a strong researcher
- Experience creating and editing video a plus, but not required
- Graphic design experience a plus, but not required
- Experience in sports marketing or public relations a plus, but not required
Firestarter, based in Alexandria, Virginia, advises athletes, coaches, and executives, helping them develop, manage, enhance, and protect a key professional asset: their personal brand.
The firm provides strategic consulting, detailed analysis, day-to-day support/management, and individualized and group training to help clients position themselves in the marketplace, engage stakeholders, and motivate customers and other constituencies who could have short- or long-term impact on their positioning and reputation.
Building and/or growing a personal brand is not a one-size-fits-all proposition, so Firestarter offers multiple options to help you create enhance, and/or protect this most valuable asset.
- Personal brand and message development/enhancement
- Strategic planning, creation, and management of social media and content marketing
- Media representation
- Reputation management and repair strategies
- Personal brand training for individuals and teams